ترجمة معاني سورة البروج
باللغة الإنجليزية من كتاب الترجمة الإنجليزية - صحيح انترناشونال
(1) By the sky containing great stars
(2) And [by] the promised Day
(3) And [by] the witness and what is witnessed,
(4) Destroyed [i.e., cursed] were the companions of the trench
- Or "May they be destroyed" or "cursed." The "companions of the trench" (or ditch) were agents of a tyrannical king who refused to allow his people to believe in Allāh. Their evil deed in obedience to their ruler earned for them the curse of Allāh (subḥānahu wa taʿālā).
(5) [Containing] the fire full of fuel,
(6) When they were sitting near it.
(7) And they, to what they were doing against the believers, were witnesses. 
- After casting the believers into a trench filled with fire, they sat at its edge, watching them burn to death. This event occurred before the time of Prophet Muḥammad (ﷺ).
(8) And they resented them not except because they believed in Allāh, the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy,
(9) To whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. And Allāh, over all things, is Witness.
- See footnote to 4:79
(10) Indeed, those who have tortured the believing men and believing women and then have not repented will have the punishment of Hell, and they will have the punishment of the Burning Fire.
- Or, in this instance, the literal meaning of "burned" is also appropriate.
(11) Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds will have gardens beneath which rivers flow. That is the great attainment.
(12) Indeed, the assault [i.e., vengeance] of your Lord is severe.
(13) Indeed, it is He who originates [creation] and repeats.
(14) And He is the Forgiving, the Affectionate,
(15) Honorable Owner of the Throne,
(16) Effecter of what He intends.
(17) Has there reached you the story of the soldiers -
(18) [Those of] Pharaoh and Thamūd?
(19) But they who disbelieve are in [persistent] denial,
(20) While Allāh encompasses them from behind.
- See footnote to 2:19
(21) But this is an honored Qur’ān
(22) [Inscribed] in a Preserved Slate.