ترجمة معاني سورة النبأ
باللغة الإنجليزية من كتاب الترجمة الإنجليزية - صحيح انترناشونال
(1) About what are they asking one another?
(2) About the great news -
- i.e., the Resurrection.
(3) That over which they are in disagreement.
(4) No! They are going to know.
(5) Then, no! They are going to know.
(6) Have We not made the earth a resting place?
(7) And the mountains as stakes?
- To stabilize the land and balance the earth.
(8) And We created you in pairs.
(9) And made your sleep [a means for] rest
(10) And made the night as clothing.
- Covering you in darkness and providing rest.
(11) And made the day for livelihood.
(12) And constructed above you seven strong [heavens].
(13) And made [therein] a burning lamp
(14) And sent down, from the rain clouds, pouring water.
(15) That We may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation.
(16) And gardens of entwined growth.
(17) Indeed, the Day of Judgement is an appointed time -
(18) The Day the Horn is blown and you will come forth in multitudes
(19) And the heaven is opened and will become gateways.
(20) And the mountains are removed and will be [but] a mirage.
(21) Indeed, Hell has been lying in wait
(22) For the transgressors, a place of return,
(23) In which they will remain for ages [unending].
(24) They will not taste therein [any] coolness or drink.
(25) Except scalding water and [foul] purulence -
(26) An appropriate recompense.
- In proportion to and comparable with their crimes.
(27) Indeed, they were not expecting an account
(28) And denied Our verses with [emphatic] denial.
(29) But all things We have enumerated in writing.
(30) "So taste [the penalty], and never will We increase you except in torment."
- This announcement will be made to the companions of Hell.
(31) Indeed, for the righteous is attainment -
- Of security, success and reward, including escape and safety from Hell.
(32) Gardens and grapevines.
(33) And full-breasted [companions] of equal age.
(34) And a full cup.
- Of wine which is delicious and does not intoxicate.
(35) No ill speech will they hear therein or any falsehood -
(36) [As] reward from your Lord, [a generous] gift [made due by] account,
- i.e., as a result of both their own righteous deeds and the limitless generosity of Allāh (subḥānahu wa taʿālā). Another meaning is "a gift calculated [to be adequate]."
(37) [From] the Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, the Most Merciful. They possess not from Him [authority for] speech.
- None of Allāh's creatures can plead with Him on the Day of Judgement except by His permission.
(38) The Day that the Spirit [i.e., Gabriel] and the angels will stand in rows, they will not speak except for one whom the Most Merciful permits, and he will say what is correct.
(39) That is the True [i.e., certain] Day; so he who wills may take to his Lord a [way of] return.
- i.e., a direct route through correct beliefs and righteous deeds.
(40) Indeed, We have warned you of an impending punishment on the Day when a man will observe what his hands have put forth and the disbeliever will say, "Oh, I wish that I were dust!"
- i.e., the deeds he did in this world, which await him in the Hereafter.