ترجمة معاني سورة التحريم
باللغة الإنجليزية من كتاب الترجمة الإنجليزية
تقي الدين الهلالي ومحسن خان
1. O Prophet! Why do you forbid (for yourself) that which Allâh has allowed to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
2. Allâh has already ordained for you (O men) the absolution from your oaths. And Allâh is your Maulâ (Lord, or Master, or Protector) and He is the All-Knower, the All-Wise.
3. And (remember) when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wives (Hafsah), then she told it (to another i.e. ‘Âishah). And Allâh made it known to him; he informed part thereof and left a part. Then when he told her (Hafsah) thereof, she said: "Who told you this?" He said: "The All-Knower, the All-Aware (Allâh) has told me."
4. If you two (wives of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم :‘Âishah and Hafsah رضي الله عنهما) turn in repentance to Allâh, (it will be better for you), your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم likes); but if you help one another against him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), then verily, Allâh is his Maulâ (Lord, or Master, or Protector), and Jibrîl (Gabriel), and the righteous among the believers; and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.
5. It may be if he divorced you (all) that his Lord will give him instead of you, wives better than you - Muslims (who submit to Allâh), believers, obedient (to Allâh), turning to Allâh in repentance, worshipping Allâh sincerely, given to fasting or emigrants (for Allâh’s sake), previously married and virgins.
6. O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allâh, but do that which they are commanded.
7. (It will be said in the Hereafter) O you who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism)! Make no excuses this Day! You are being requited only for what you used to do.
(V.66:7) See the footnote of (V.3:85).
8. O you who believe! Turn to Allâh with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) - the Day that Allâh will not disgrace the Prophet (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and those who believe with him. Their Light will run forward before them and (with their Records - Books of deeds) in their right hands. They will say: "Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirât (a slippery bridge over the Hell) safely] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things."
a) See the footnote of (V.4:106).
b) See the footnote of (V.5:74).
c) See the footnote of (V.68:42).
9. O Prophet (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be severe against them; their abode will be Hell, and worst indeed is that destination.
(V.66:9) See the footnote of (V.8:39).
10. Allâh sets forth an example for those who disbelieve: the wife of Nûh (Noah) and the wife of Lût (Lot). They were under two of our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed them (their husbands by rejecting their doctrine). So they [Nûh (Noah) and Lût (Lot) عليهما السلام] availed them (their respective wives) not against Allâh and it was said: "Enter the Fire along with those who enter!"
11. And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Fir‘aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir‘aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allâh).
12. And Maryam (Mary), the daughter of ‘Imrân who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Rûh [i.e. Jibrîl (Gabriel)], and she testified to the truth of the Words of her Lord [i.e. believed in the Words of Allâh: "Be!" - and he was; that is ‘Îsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) as a Messenger of Allâh], and (also believed in) His Scriptures, and she was of the Qânitûn (i.e. obedient to Allâh).
 (V.66:12) "And (remember) she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)], We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Rûh (Jibrîl - Gabriel)]*, and We made her and her son (Jesus) a sign for Al-‘Âlamîn (mankind and jinn)." [The Qur’ân, (V.21:91)]
* It is said that Jibrîl (Gabriel) had merely breathed in the sleeve of Maryam’s (Mary) shirt, and thus she conceived.
 (V.66:12) The Statement of Allâh عز وجل:
‘And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Pharaoh... (up to)... and she was of the obedient to Allâh.’ (V.66:11 and 12).
Narrated Abû Mûsâ رضي الله عنه: Allâh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Many amongst men reached (the level of) perfection but none amongst the women reached this level except Âsiyah, Pharaoh’s wife, and Maryam (Mary), the daughter of ‘Imrân. And no doubt, the superiority of ‘Âishah to other women is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. a meat and bread dish) to other meals." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No.623).